CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, February 20, 2009

And then there were three....

Congratulations Dockerys! We are so excited for you guys!!! I finally saw the pics and she is such a tiny angel- so adorable! (and you look amazing too, KLSD!) I just can't wait to meet the first Dockery offspring. I am so seriously excited about this. It's such a crazy journey, and I can tell you that with Deacon it just gets better every day, and I'm sure your experience will be the same. Also, if you are unhappy with the way things are going one day, fear not, everything changes (which on the flip side is kind of a bummer when she's gotten into habits that you love).

One suggestion I have is to journal everything- the story of her birth and little milestones. Make it a brief and easy system, so you don't avoid sitting down to write for weeks because you don't have an hour to spare. I can tell you this first hand, because in poor Deacon's baby journal I have several really long entries, and then nothing for the last 8 months or so- bad mommy! And take the 5-10 minute breaks you have to skype or call a friend. I know it seems like you will never have a whole hour to yourself again, and nobody will expect it from you for a long time. This way you won't feel like you've lost touch. Also, you might look for a support group of other moms of newborns to meet up with, it's so comforting to know that your trials are not something you alone are experiencing, and it helps a lot to not feel isolated.

It'll be fun to see what kind of celebrity mom and baby sightings you will have in London! Playparks and farmer's markets are a goldmine of celeb sightings here in LA. Of course, I am talking to the expert, so you are probably already well aware.

Good luck with everything! We love and miss you guys and can't wait to see you- whether it's in the States or on your side of the pond (I just sent out a proposal for a project that would take me to London, so I have my fingers crossed).

Lots of love from Jill, Dan and Deacon!

0 comments: