CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Grandparents Questionnaire for Siebolds & Dockerys

Dear Siebolds and Dockerys,

Please post the answers to these questions about Kara-Leigh and John when they were babies (from birth-3 years old). Then, I'll hide those answers and have Kara-Leigh and John fill out what they think the answers are to see how many they get correct. Keep in mind that the questions are phrased for Kara-Leigh and John to answer so please provide the answers they should give.

They did a similar questionnaire for their wedding festivites and had so much fun answering the questions so it's only appropriate to do one for their first baby! Feel free to add anecdotes and stories -- the more detail, the better! Have fun and enjoy!

  1. What was the name of the hospital where I was born and where was it?
  2. What time was I born?
  3. Did I cry when I was being born?
  4. How much did I weigh?
  5. What was my height in inches?
  6. What was my Mom's first meal after I was born?
  7. What would have been my name if I were a boy/girl?
  8. Was I baptized/christened?
  9. What was my first word?
  10. How old was I when I said my first word?
  11. Which one did I say first - Dada or Mama?
  12. Did I have any funny nonsense words in my vocabulary that meant something else?
  13. When did I meet my grandparents for the first time?
  14. What did I call my grandparents?
  15. Did you have any nicknames/terms of endearment that you called me?
  16. What did I like to wear when I was little? Or, what was my favorite piece of clothing?
  17. Did I take naps well?
  18. Did I have a favorite stuffed animal or blanket in my crib?
  19. What was my favorite toy?
  20. What was my favorite nursery rhyme or song?
  21. What was my favorite tv show or movie?
  22. When did I take my first step?
  23. Where was my favorite place to go in my Hometown?
  24. How old was I when I flew on a plane for the first time?
  25. Did I have a pet when I was a baby? If so, what was its name?
  26. What was my favorite food?
  27. Did I have a play mate/best friend when I was a baby? If so, what was their name?
  28. What was my favorite activity on the playground?
  29. When did I get potty trained?
  30. What is my favorite story of when I was a baby?
  31. What is my Mom's favorite story?
  32. What is my Dad's favorite story?

2 comments:

Chip Dockery said...

QUESTION ANSWERS FOR JOHN:

1. Homestead Air Force Base Hospital at Homestead AFB, FL. However, within a few months we traveled quickly around the US to see family, then flew to Tehran, Iran where I lived for the next year.

2. 11:30 AM

3. Yes, softly.

4. 6 pounds, 12 ounces.

5. 19.5

6. She doesn't have a clue.

7. Christine Antoinette.

8. Secretly and privately in Iran by his Mom, all by herself.

9. Hi!

10. Approx. 2 years old.

11. Don't know.

12. No.

13. Grandpa and Grandma right after birth, Grandma Chris a few months later.

14. Grandma, Grandpa, and Grandma Chris.

15. Schmoo bear and Little Mr. Sunshine.

16. Spiderman suit.

17. Yes.

18. A Disney "Goofy" stuffed character, and a fuzzy yellow blanket.

19. A Fisher-Price activity toy.

20. Alphabet song.

21. Didn't have enough TV access to answer.

22. 14 months.

23. The backyard.

24. About 3 months old.

25. No.

26. Ice cream!

27. My brother Dan.

28. Swings.

29. When it was necessary.

30. Seeing camels in front of the house often.

31. Watching my first taste of ice cream...got a look of transcendental delight on my face.

32. Watching me walk around as if I were marching, back straight, with my right hand over my heart as in the pledge of alliegence.

Jimmie Sue said...

1. Pembroke County War Memorial Hospital. About 7 hours after you were born, the staff put four or five of us mothers and babies into an ambulance and drove us down the street and around the corner to the “Lying in Hospital” If you were not termed “High Risk", you had your baby there. To be 28 and having your first child was grounds for High Risk. (Back in its olden days the Lying In Hospital had been the Poor House.) Dad eventually found us there when he visited later in the day.

2. 1:30 a.m.

3.

4. 8 pounds 10 ounces

5. 21 inches

6. I' m not sure is was only about 6 hours after you arrived. But every other meal consisted of bangers (which I DID NOT eat) eggs, beans, toast and tea.

7. I don't think we really had one.

8. Grandma Siebold baptized you one night when she was bathing you.

9. Dada

10. (I can' find your baby book, but I am still looking.)

11. Dada

12. Not that I can remember.

13. 1 month old

14. Granny and Grandpa Chilcutt and Grandma and Papa Siebold

15. Dad christened you "Tigger"

16. You liked your shirt that said "Here Comes Kara-Leigh" and your "Super Chick" cape.

17. Not really, but you would fall asleep in the strangest place such as getting your hair cut and in the dentist’s chair.

18. You had a pink blanket that Aunt Peggy had passed on from your cousin Amy. You would rub the satiny binding until you fell asleep.

19. Kermit the Frog But your prounced "Frog" like F*@&. It was very embarrassing to be out in public and you would begin babbling about the F*@& (frog)!
I learned to quickly repeat "FROG" as soon as you said the other.

20. The Slithergadee
Oh, the Slithergadee
Has come out of the sea.
He’ll catch all the others,
But he won’t catch me.

No, you won’t catch me,
You old Slithergadee.
You’ll catch all the others,
But you wo—

—Shel Silverstein

21. Sesame Street and Mr.Rogers' Neighborhood

22. A month or so after you turned 1

23. In Norfolk, you liked to go feed the ducks and in Eureka, you like to go to the parks that had the slides coming out of the redwood trees.

24. 1 month

25. Matilda was your first cat and that was sometime between 3 and 4, I think.

26. cookies

27. If imaginary friends count, then Femi Kemi was your favorite!

28. Swings and slides

29. ??? But we would let you light the bathroom candle each time you were successful....you liked that for some reason.

30.

31. You loved all the Disney songs. In Eureka, each time the Mary Poppins song with , "Link your elbows, step in time" would play, you would jump around trying to lick your elbows, (a pretty amusing sight). I finally asked you what you were doing and you told me the song said to “Lick your elbows step in time….” Regardless of what I said, you would not believe me…you just kept jumping around trying to lick your elbows.

32.